This Instant Pot Bananas Foster Cheesecake recipe is made with a creamy, rich cheesecake filling and topped with the best Bananas Foster topping! It’s the perfect combo of bananas, cinnamon, brown sugar, and rum that makes this a show stopping cheesecake!
WHAT IS BANANAS FOSTER?
Bananas Foster is typically a dessert that is served over vanilla ice cream. It is made by combining butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum, and bananas.
The butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and bananas are cooked, the alcohol is added and then ignited with a kitchen torch. Lucky for us, this dessert also goes great with Instant Pot cheesecake!
TIPS FOR A PERFECT INSTANT POT BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE
1. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
2. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing and having a lumpy cheesecake.
While we are talking about cream cheese, PLEASE use a good quality cream cheese in your cheesecake..
3. Make sure you let your cheesecake set in the refrigerator overnight. This helps the cheesecake set up completely and you will have a perfect cheesecake the next day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 10 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Q: I DON’T HAVE AN INSTANT POT YET, CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN THE OVEN?
A: Yes! Bake the crust according to the instructions. For the filling, combine according to instructions and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes until the center of the cheesecake slightly jiggles. Crack the oven door and allow the cheesecake to cool slowly for about 15 minutes.
Bring the cheesecake to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator overnight to set completely.
THE BEST WAY TO CUT A CHEESECAKE
To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut. Ta-Da! Perfect slice every time.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR THIS RECIPE
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT BANANAS FOSTER CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Instant Pot Bananas Foster Cheesecake
- 7 inch spring form pan
- Food Processor
- Kitchen torch
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese Room temperature- I recommend using a name brand such as Philadelphia
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the cinnamon and melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Once the cheesecake is set, start the topping by adding the butter, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon into a large skillet and heat over med-high heat until the butter and sugar is melted and smooth.
- Add the bananas in and use a rubber spatula to carefully mix them around and coat in the sauce. Reduce the heat to med-low and allow the bananas to simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the rum and mix well to combine. Take your kitchen torch and CAREFULLY touch the flame to the sauce. Carefully swirl the sauce until the flame dies out, about 1 minute.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly then pour over top of the cheesecake and serve.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.