If you’re a lover of all things chocolate, you’re going to love this Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake recipe! A crunchy Oreo crust under a smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake topped with rich and delicious chocolate ganache.
Can You Make Cheesecake In The Instant Pot?
You absolutely can make cheesecake in your Instant Pot. In fact, once you try it, it may be your new preffered way to make it. It is super simple, gives the perfect texture, and keeps your oven free for anything else you may need to bake.
What Size Springform Pan Do You Use In The Instant Pot?
Your size options for springform pans to use in your Instant Pot can vary depending on which size Pot you have. A 6″ and 7″ springform pan should fit well inside, but for this recipe I reccommend a 7″ pan.
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
Unlike some overly complicated cheesecake recipes, the ingredient list for this amazing Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is incredibly short. If you ever needed an excuse to make a new dessert, that alone is enough!
For The Crust
Oreo Cookie Crumbs
For The Cheesecake Filling
For The Ganache
Heavy Whipping Cream
Berries (for garnish)
How To Make Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
Make The Crust
You’ll begin by preheating your oven to 350F. Prepare a 7 inch springform by spraying generously with nonstick spray and set aside.
Add Oreo cookies to a food processor until you get about 1 ½ cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
Make The Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
Slowly pour in the sugar, flour. and cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
Pour in melted chocolate and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
Add vanilla and heavy cream and mix at low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute.
Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
Pour the filling into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet.
Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
Make The Ganache
Add the chocolate and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 20 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Let the ganache cool for about 5 minutes then pour over the cold cheesecake. Top with fresh berries or chocolate shavings and serve!
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Instant Pot Cheesecake
Once you begin to add the eggs to your cheesecake filling, avoid overbeating the batter. This can make for a lumpy cheesecake.
Let the Chocolate Cheesecake cool completely before adding the ganache so it doesn’t melt.
How To Store Chocolate Lover’s Cheesecake
Your Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake will only continue to get better the longer it chills, so don’t be afraid to save some for later. To keep it tasting fresh, store it in an airtight container for 3 days for the perfect sweet bite.
Want More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes?
If you love this Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can make it too!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs about 13 cookies
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate I recommend Ghirardelli
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup semi-sweeet chocolate chips I recommend Ghirardelli
- Chocolate shavings
- Prepare a deep 7” springform pan with nonstick spray making sure to spray the sides and set aside.
- Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until you get about 1 ½ cups of cookie crumbs (about 13-15 cookies)
- Add the melted butter and salt into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into the springform and use the back of a spoon to gently press and form a crust. Make sure to bring the crust up about an inch up the sides as well. Place in the freezer until the filling is done.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, add the softened cream cheese and cream on high speed for 3-4 minutes. This is an important step, do not skip it.
- When the cream cheese is light and fluffy and there is no lumps, scrape the sides of the bowl and add the granulated sugar and mix for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and add the cocoa powder and flour. Mix until just combined.
- At this point, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps of cream cheese in the batter, if there is, mix on high speed for a few additional minutes.
- Add in the melted chocolate, heavy cream, and vanilla extract and mix on med-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs in one at a time and mix just until combined. Be careful not to overmix here! As soon as the yolk disappears, stop mixing.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure everything is combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Cover the springform pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Prepare your Instant Pot by adding 1 cup of water and a trivet into the inner pot. Place the cheesecake on the trivet and place the lid on sealing.
- Cook on high for 40 minutes and allow a natural release. Once you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool completely on the counter. (If the cheesecake looks undercooked when you take it out, it is OK! It will set up in the fridge)
- Once the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Once the cheesecake has set, prepare the whipped cream by adding the whipping cream into the bowl of stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment and beat on high speed until it starts to thicken.
- Add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and mix on high speed until you have stiff peaks.
- Prepare the ganache by bringing ¼ cup of cream to a boil and carefully pour it over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and smooth. Add the whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe a circle around the top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- Keep any left overs in an air tight container in the refrigerator