This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.
Sponsored items used in this recipe were provided by Dixie Crystals!
Make sure you scroll to the end to enter our #SummerDessertWeek giveaway!!
This Instant Pot Dreamsicle Cheesecake is a twist on the classic ice cream dessert that will take you back to summertime as a kid! (What am I kidding.. I still eat them..)
Creamy Cheesecake filling made with orange cream liquor and topped with fresh whipped cream and orange slices makes this Dreamsicle Cheesecake the perfect summer treat!
KIDDO FRIENDLY VERSION
If you don’t want to use alcohol in this recipe you can simply leave it out and replace with heavy cream.
You can add in 1 small package of orange Jell-O to get that orange flavor!
“BAKING” A CHEESECAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
I know, I know, it sounds too good to be true, but I promise once you try making a cheesecake in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker (YES, you can make this recipe in an off brand pressure cooker as well). You will never go back to the traditional way (or at least be hesitant).
Making cheesecakes in the Instant Pot is so easy and takes less time than the traditional oven method. It also reduces the risk of your cheesecake cracking since you are essentially steaming it. The environment will be very humid which will help prevent cracking in your cheesecake.
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT DREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
4. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT DREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Check Out These Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes!
Instant Pot Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake
- 7 inch spring form pan
- 1 1/2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup orange cream liquor I used Tippy Cow Orange Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Orange slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add Nilla Wafers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla, heavy cream, and orange cream liquor. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment, pour in the heavy cream and whisk on high speed until it starts to thicken.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high until stiff peaks form.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag equipped with a piping tip, and pipe swirls of whipped cream around the cheesecake.
- Top with orange slices and serve!
- Keep any left overs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Strawberry Banana Sorbet from Big Bear’s Wife Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors! Scroll down to take a look! PRIZE #1 Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer PRIZE #2 Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas from Semi Homemade Recipes
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
Ursula Blackberry Yogurt Mousse Cake from Simply Inspired Meals
Strawberry Upside Down Cake from It’s Shanaka
Margarita Bundt Cake from Fake Ginger
Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies from Blogghetti
Grape Jello Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Lime Raspberry Hand Pies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Summertime Blue Apple Pie from For the Love of Food
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Strawberry Peach Poke Cake from Our Good Life
S’mores Mug Cake from Family Around the Table
White Chocolate Peach Crumb Bars from Sweet Beginnings
Strawberry Pizzelles from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Hocus Pocus Buns from Savory Experiments
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Devour Dinner
Small Batch Emergency Air Fryer Brownies from Shockingly Delicious
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars from Books n’ Cooks
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake from SugarYums
Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Rum Raisin Brownies from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Shortbread from Pastry Chef Online
Drumstick Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAs
Sheet Pan No Bake Banana Split Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.