This Instant Pot Nutella Cheesecake is rich, creamy, and full of hazelnut goodness! Baked in an graham cracker and toasted hazelnut crust and topped with a Nutella chocolate ganache, you will not be able to just have one piece!Jump to Recipe
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST INSTANT POT NUTELLA CHEESECAKE
I am completely obsessed with this cheesecake. My family LOVES Nutella, so it was only logical to create a Nutella Cheesecake, right??
The crust for this cheesecake is extra special. I have made several cheesecakes with pecans in the crust but never hazelnuts so I thought I would give it a shot and I was NOT disappointed.
You will want to begin by toasting your hazelnuts (if you can’t already find them toasted, which we couldn’t). It is super easy to do and it adds so much dimension to this recipe.
Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your hazelnuts in a single layer. Bake for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant.
MY SECRETS TO THE BEST NUTELLA CHEESECAKE FILLING
I have made several cheesecakes and I have tested so many recipes to find the PERFECT recipe and techniques to making a good cheesecake. Here are a few things I have discovered:
You want to make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. Everything else I have found it doesn’t really matter that much. I have always heard that the eggs and cream you use should be as well, but I don’t bother. As long as the cream cheese is at room temperature you should be fine! Also, use Philadelphia cream cheese.. splurge and spend a little extra, it is worth it!
You want to cream the cream cheese for at LEAST 5 minutes before adding any other ingredient. This helps prevent a lumpy cheesecake. Nobody likes a lumpy cheesecake.
Add the eggs LAST and do not over mix. Just trust me on this one.
BAKING TIPS FOR INSTANT POT CHEESECAKES
Cheesecakes are SUPER easy to make in the Instant Pot. Once you make your first one, you will never want to go back to the traditional method. However, there are a few things I have learned about using the Instant Pot method and I KNOW a lot of people always have questions about.
1. Do not over mix your batter. If you over mix (particularly the eggs) the texture and consistency will not be right after baking.
So, mix as little as possible while still making sure everything is combined well.
2. For this particular cheesecake, I recommend baking the crust before adding in the filing.
This will give it a more crunchy crust. However, you can skip this step and the cheesecake will have a softer crust.
Another alternative is to place the crust in the freezer while you are preparing the filling. This will also help with the texture of the crust if you don’t want to turn the oven on.
3. WHEN THE CHEESECAKE IS FINISHED IN THE INSTANT POT, IT WILL LOOK UNDERCOOKED. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ADD IT BACK IN OR ONCE IT IS SET IT WILL BE DRY AND OVERCOOKED!
The ganache on top kind of seals the deal for this cheesecake. I also paired it with my favorite (and my youngest son’s) chocolate whipped cream. My kid literally eats this stuff with a spoon he loves it so much.
Combine 1 cup Nutella, chocolate chips, and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments until everything is melted and smooth. Whisk and allow to cool about 5 minutes then pour over your set cheesecake and smooth. Top with chocolate whipped cream and crushed hazelnuts. You can also use Ferrero Rocher candy as a topping as well!
This cheesecake is one of my all time favs! If you try it, let me know your thoughts in the comments!
SERVING TIPS FOR INSTANT POT NUTELLA CHEESECAKE
It is best to make this cheesecake the day BEFORE you want to serve it. Cheesecakes need to set overnight in the fridge before serving to make sure they are completely set.
I always make the ganache and whipped cream right before serving. Once the cheesecake is nice and cold it will harden the ganache faster.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, use a butcher knife and run under very hot water for 1-2 minutes per side to get the knife hot. Wipe off any access water and make your first slice. Run the knife under water again and repeat.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake #SummerDessertWeek
- Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake #SummerDessertWeek
- Instant Pot Crème Brûlée Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Dreamsicle Cheesecake #SummerDessertWeek
- Oreo Layer Cake
Instant Pot Nutella Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and pulsed
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 oz. chocolate melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder optional but amazing
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and spread out the hazelnuts in an even layer. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Prepare an 7” springform pan by spraying with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Prepare the crust by adding graham cracker cookies and hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in sugar, melted butter and salt and pulse until well combined. Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and gently press using the back of a spoon to form the crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs up about 1” up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare the cheesecake filling, add the softened cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Cream for 4-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the Nutella and cooled chocolate and mix until well combined
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the sugar, flour, and espresso powder. Once the sugar is combined, increase to medium speed, and mix for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream and start mixing on low speed. Slowly increase the speed to high and mix for about 1 minute.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed and add the vanilla extract. Last, add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the prepared batter into the baked crust and gently tap to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the springform entirely in aluminum foil. Add a trivet and 1 cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Place the covered cheesecake on the trivet.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and allow to come to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator to set overnight or at LEAST 6 hours.
- Add the Nutella, chocolate and whipping cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Allow to cool about 5 minutes then pour over the set cheesecake and smooth with an offset spatula.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Add the heavy cream into a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk on high speed until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until stiff peaks form. Add to a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe a ring around the cheesecake and top with crushed hazelnuts and serve!