This Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake screams summer time. Creamy cheesecake on a graham cracker crust and topped with fresh, homemade strawberry topping. You will definitely want to add this one to your recipe book!Jump to Recipe
BAKING CHEESECAKES WITH AN INSTANT POT
I know it sounds too good to be true, but trust me when I say this is by far the easiest way I have found to make a cheesecake and the turn out is phenomenal!
I love the texture that baking in the Instant Pot gives the cheesecake. Since the inside of the pot is very humid during the baking process, it is similar to a water bath and creates the most moist, creamy, delicious cheesecake you will ever eat!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT INSTNAT POT CHEESECAKE
1.Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting. All of the other ingredients are fine to be cold, but the cream cheese needs to be softened to get that smooth consistency you want for a cheesecake. If the cream cheese is cold you will get lumps in your filling and nobody likes a lumpy cheesecake.
2.Wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. If not the top, for sure the bottom so no extra moisture gets to the crust. For added insurance, layer a paper towel between the cheesecake and aluminum foil to absorb any moisture.
3. Freeze your crust before you add in the filling. You can also bake the crust at 350 for about 10 minutes before adding in the filling.
4. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. This is a big thing I have learned from my research that could lead to a weird texture to your cheesecake. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
The toppings to this cheesecake are so versatile. You can change out the strawberries for blueberries, blackberries, or even raspberries to create different variations to this recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
Graham Crackers– For the crust. You can also use Nila Wafers or golden Oreos.
BUTTER– To help hold the crust together.
CREAM CHEESE– Please use Philadelphia cream cheese, you CAN use off brand but it does not turn out nearly as good. Just trust me, splurge.
SUGAR– Obviously, there is no good dessert without sugar
FLOUR– The flour in this recipe acts a thickening agent.
VANILLA EXTRACT– Gives that nice hint of vanilla goodness. If you can, use the real stuff. It does make a difference.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM– I tend to think of this as my secret ingredient. It makes the cheesecake so creamy and delicious.
EGGS– Also a thickening agent, and helps bind everything together.
Fresh Strawberries– I highly recommend using fresh berries for this recipe. You CAN use frozen though if it is all you have on hand.
Cornstarch- To thicken the strawberry topping. You can use flour, however I feel that cornstarch thickens well without effecting the taste.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Can I use a 6-inch springform pan for this recipe?
A: Yes, the cheesecake will just be a little taller. I would also increase the cooking time 5 minutes for the 6 inch pan.
Q: Can I bake this cheesecake the traditional way in the oven?
A: Of course! Prepare the crust as written and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Then prepare the filling as written and bake at 350 for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 200 for 40-45 minutes or until the edges of the cheesecake are set and the center slightly jiggles. Open the oven door and allow the cheesecake to cool slowly for about 15 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to set overnight.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE, CHECK OUT THESE OTHER INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES!
If you love this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can make it too!
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh strawberries- diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tablespoon water
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a 7″ springform pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 5-6 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth and combined.
- Slowly pour in heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add the strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely melted and the berries start to soften.
- Add the cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon water into a small bowl and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour the slurry into the strawberries and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature then add on top of the cheesecake before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.