Summer is right around the corner and these Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies are the perfect summer treat! Gooey center with melted marshmallows and chocolate chips. You will definitely want to add this one to your recipe book!
These cookies are giving me s’mores vibes and I am all for it! My family loves camping, and my kids are OBSESSED with s’mores, so I love to find different variations of the sweet treat. These Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies would be excellent to take on a camping trip or just enjoy when you get that sweet tooth.
WHAT ARE MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE COOKIES?
In short, these cookies are a basic, gooey chocolate chip cookie, packed with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows for that extra burst of flavor and added texture.
These Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies are very easy to customize to fit your families needs. Add in graham cracker pieces, pecans, walnuts, sprinkles, more chocolate…. or whatever else you want to add!
INGREDIENTS FOR MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Most likely, you already have the ingredients needed to make these delicious treats. No specialty ingredients and super easy to whip together, that is my type of recipe!
Butter: Salted or not. I ALWAYS use salted butter. So if you do as well, omit the salt in the recipe if you don’t want them too salty.
Sugar: I used a mixture of brown and white sugar, I love the added hint of molasses in the brown sugar for my chocolate chip cookies, but if you are out of one or the other, feel free to substitute.
Eggs: I used 1 whole and 1 egg yolk for this recipe.
Vanilla extract: It is best to use PURE vanilla, but if you only have imitation on hand, feel free to use that.
Flour: Just regular ole’ all-purpose flour should do.
Baking Soda: So those cookies will rise to the occasion.
Chocolate Chips: Of course. Feel free to use the regular chips or mini chips. I have personally loved using mini chocolate chips in recipes lately. They are just so adorable.
Mini marshmallows: Again, definitely a necessity for this recipe. If you only have large marshmallows, cut into quarter pieces and use two per cookie.
HOW TO MAKE MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE COOKIES
First, you will want to add the sugars and butter into a mixing bowl or stand mixer and whisk until light and fluffy. Then add in your eggs, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
Next, mix in the dry ingredients and mix only until combined and there are no dry spots remaining. If you have to, switch to a spatula for this part.
After the dough is mixed well, add in the chocolate chips and fold until combined, and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes
After the dough is chilled, remove from the refrigerator and use a small cookie scoop to scoop to make balls of dough. Place your thumb in the center of each ball of dough to create a hole. Add in two mini marshmallows and roll to completely cover the marshmallows with dough.
Place the balls of dough on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges look slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and carefully add 1 or 2 more mini marshmallows to the tops of each cookie. Place back in the oven for another 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the cookies or they will be more crunchy.
Let them cool and enjoy!
Want More Cookie Recipes?
If you love these Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can make it too!
Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg and 1 yolk room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Brown the butter over medium heat. Stir constantly until it turns golden brown. Do NOT leave it on the stove, because it can easily get burned. Once it is ready, let it cool.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and both sugars. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on LOW until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, until everything comes together.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do not over mix or your cookies will not be soft.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make the balls of dough. Place your thumb in the middle to form a cavity and place 2 mini marshmallows inside. Roll together until marshmallows are completely covered.
- Place them on the lined baking pan around 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges look lightly golden, remove from the oven and gently press 1 or 2 more mini marshmallows into the top of each cookie. Place the cookies back in the oven for another minute or two minutes
- Do not overcook the cookies. It is better that they are a bit undercooked if it's the case.
- Let them cool.
so that they don’t melt into a big mess.