These copycat Little Debbie Star Crunch Cookies are one of my all time favorite copycat recipes. Rice Krispy cereal, caramel candy, and mini marshmallows come together to create this nostalgic treat!
HOW TO MAKE STAR CRUNCH COOKIES
STEP 1: In a large pot, add butter, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Melt on med-low heat until completely melted.
STEP 2: Pour in sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined.
STEP 4: Mix in mini marshmallows and fold until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
STEP 5: Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Add the Rice Krispy cereal last, and fold until the cereal is completely coated in the mixture.
STEP 7: Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour until set.
FAQ’S AND TIPS
- Substitute the Rice Krispies for Cocoa Krispies to take these Star Crunch Cookies up a notch!
- You do not have to use the espresso powder listed below. I LOVE using espresso powder with recipes that uses cocoa powder or chocolate because it creates an amazing flavor!
- I like to spray the cookie scoop so that the mixture comes out of the scoop easier!
HOW TO STORE STAR CRUNCH COOKIES
Store your Star Crunch Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
You can easily freeze these as well.
MORE NOSTALGIA INSPIRED RECIPES!
- INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CAKE
- INSTANT POT CREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE
Copycat Star Crunch Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 20 soft caramels I used Werther’s
- 5 ½ cups mini marshmallows about 1 10 oz. bag
- 5 cups Rice Krispy cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large pot, add the butter, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Melt over med-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk unit combined.
- Add in the caramel candy and stir consistently until completely melted and smooth.
- Add in the marshmallows and mix unit melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla extract. Add in the Rice Krispy cereal and fold until the cereal is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies onto the parchment.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container for up to three days.