This Instant Pot Crème Brûlée Cheesecake is a combination of my two favorite desserts, Crème Brûlée and cheesecake. This Instant Pot Crème Brûlée Cheesecake features a rich and creamy cheesecake filling, baked on a graham cracker crust, and topped with a layer of caramelized sugar! (Yes, it does taste as amazing as it sounds!)
WHAT IS CREME BRULEE?
Crème brûlée, also known as “burned cream”, is a dessert that consists of a rich custard that is topped with a layer of hardened caramelized sugar. It is common to use a kitchen torch to slowly warm up the sugar until it is golden brown.
There is something so amazing about the added texture of the caramelized sugar. Taking a bite of rich custard and have that little bit of crunch just takes this dessert to the next level!
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT CREME BRULEE CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
4. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
5. Add the sugar topping right before you plan to serve the cheesecake. If you add the sugar layer ahead of time and then refrigerate the cheesecake, the sugar layer will become soggy from the condensation in the fridge and we don’t want that.
Also, you DO need a kitchen torch for this recipe. We tried to use a heat gun (as an experiment) and it did not work nearly as well as a torch. Be VERY careful when working with an open flame. Keep the flame about 6 inches from the cake, and do not hold it in one spot for too long.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large kitchen knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT CREME BRULEE CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
CHECK OUT THESE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES!
Instant Pot Crème Brûlée Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs Approx. 1 package
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature- I recommend using a name brand like Philadelphia
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons fine sugar Take regular granulated sugar and pulse it in a food processor 3-4 times.
- whipped cream
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs (Approx. 1 package). Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Once you are ready to serve, sprinkle the sugar in an even layer over the top of the cheesecake. Take a kitchen torch and carefully heat up the sugar until golden brown and caramelized.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and raspberries if desired.