This Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake has a creamy cheesecake layer, baked on a Nilla Wafer crust, and covered with strawberry shortcake crumbles!Jump to Recipe
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Sponsored items used in this recipe were provided by Dixie Crystals!
Make sure you scroll to the end to enter our #SummerDessertWeek giveaway!!
I seem to have a theme going this week (surprisingly unintentional)… Monday I shared my favorite Instant Pot Dreamsicle Cheesecake with you guys and today I am sharing another childhood favorite flavor that we all know and love!
These two flavors are what I think of when I think of summer! It is pretty much ingrained in my head at this point.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CRUMBLES
When I was planning this cheesecake, I wanted to make the crumbles as easy as possible. I didn’t want to have to worry about baking, or requiring any fancy equipment, and I think I managed to do that with this recipe!
We are ALL ABOUT easy over here.
All I did was pulse some golden Oreo’s in a food processor until I got a coarse crumb. I removed half of the crumbs and added in strawberry Jell-O powder and a little whipped cream and mixed all of that together until combined.
Add the strawberry crumbs back in the food processor and pulse a couple more times until incorporated and ta-da! That’s it! Easy peasy.
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
4. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 10 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Homemade Mickey Bars from Big Bear’s Wife
Pina Colada Poke Cake from Semi Homemade Recipes
Whopper Cookies from Eat Move Make
Seashell Macarons from Simply Inspired Meals
S’mores Bars from It’s Shanaka
Birthday Cake Fudge from Fake Ginger
Soft Baked Lemon Poppyseed Cookies from Blogghetti
Smoked Cheesecake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Berry Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Layered Ice Cream Pie from For the Love of Food
No Churn Lemon Shortbread Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mini Biscuit Peach Pies from Our Good Life
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Family Around the Table
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf from Sweet Beginnings
S’mores Donuts from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Bourbon Caramel Sauce from Savory Experiments
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler from Devour Dinner
Lemon Filling (No eggs) from Shockingly Delicious
Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp for Two from Books n’ Cooks
Kinder Bueno Cheesecake from SugarYums
Blueberry Turnovers from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Raspberry Shortbread Sandwich Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
Custard Cream Sandwich Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
- 7 inch spring form pan
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature- I recommend using a name brand such as Philadelphia
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 10 golden Oreo cookies
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry Jell-o mix
- 3-4 Tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry topping or preserves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add Nilla Wafers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add the Oreo cookies into the food processor and pulse 5-6 times until you get a coarse crumb. Remove half of the crumbs and place in a small bowl.
- Add the Jell-o mix and whipped cream into the bowl and use a fork to combine.
- Place the strawberry crumbs back in the food processor and pulse 2-3 times until well incorporated.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and spread the strawberry topping in an even layer on top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the crumbles over top the strawberry topping.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keep any left overs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.