This Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake is inspired by one of my all time favorite candy bars! A creamy cheesecake topped with a layer of caramel, chocolate ganache, and Twix pieces! This cheesecake will be gone in minutes!Jump to Recipe
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Sponsored items used in this recipe were provided by Dixie Crystals!
Make sure you scroll to the end to enter our #SummerDessertWeek giveaway!!
TIPS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT TWIX CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
4. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
LAYERING THE TOPPINGS
I really wanted this cheesecake to have the layered look, just like the Twix candy. I knew it would be a little difficult to get the caramel to stay in a nice layer and not squish out the sides as soon as I cut it.
After the cheesecake is completely set. I layered on the caramel sauce and refrigerated the cake for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the caramel to harden a bit.
After the caramel was nice and set, I poured the chocolate ganache over that, and placed it back in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large knife, and CAREFULLY warm it up using a kitchen torch. You can also run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes, but I found that warming up with a torch worked a lot better with this recipe.
Make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, repeat and make your second cut.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 10 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT TWIX CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad from Big Bear’s Wife
Copycat Orange Julius from Semi Homemade Recipes
No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
Birthday Crumb Cake from It’s Shanaka
Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake from Fake Ginger
Blueberry Muffin Cake from Blogghetti
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
No Churn Mint Chocolate Ice Cream from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Strawberry Unicorn Puppy Chow from For the Love of Food
Brown Sugar Layer Cake with Peach Filling from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Smore’s Ice Cream Torte from Family Around the Table
Strawberry Basil Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Donut Bread Pudding from Savory Experiments
Flourless Chocolate Cake from Devour Dinner
Rhubarb Crumble from Shockingly Delicious
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake from SugarYums
Raspberry Cream Pie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Lavender Honey Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Dip from Sweet ReciPEAs
No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake from Comfortably Domestic
Peach Berry Eton Mess from Cookaholic Wife
Instant Pot Twix Cheesecake
- 7 inch spring form pan
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese Room temperature- I recommend using a name brand such as Philadelphia
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 4 oz. chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- Mini Twix candy halved
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Once the cheesecake is set. Pour the Dulce de Leche over the top of the cheesecake while it is still in the springform pan. Smooth into an even layer.
- Place the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the caramel starts to harden, add the heavy cream and chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for 4-5 minutes then pour over the caramel layer and smooth.
- Top with swirls of whipped cream and mini Twix candy and serve.
- Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Prize #2 — Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.