This easy Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe makes a creamy cheesecake packed with pumpkin spice goodness! Topped with homemade whipped cream and caramel sauce, this Pumpkin Cheesecake is the ultimate fall dessert!
Is it fall yet??? Fall is by far one of my favorite times of the year. The crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course sweaters! I am so excited to start sharing some fall recipes with your guys. My house smells AMAZING!
It is a personal challenge of mine to see how many fall recipes I can create with my INSTANT POT! I love making desserts in my Instant Pot, because, why not!? It makes baking so easy! If you have any ideas leave them in the comments below.
TIPS FOR A PERFECT INSTANT POT PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing and having a lumpy cheesecake.
2. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
3. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolks disappear into the batter and stop.
4. Make sure you let your cheesecake set in the refrigerator overnight. This helps the cheesecake set up completely and you will have a perfect cheesecake the next day.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR AN INSTANT POT PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
Crust: Graham Crackers, cinnamon, granulated sugar, and butter
Filling: Cream Cheese, pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling), flour, sugar, heavy whipping cream, and eggs.
Topping: Whipped cream, caramel sauce, and candy pumpkins.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 10 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut. Ta-Da! Perfect slice every time.
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature I recommend using a name brand such as Philadelphia
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- pumpkin candy
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add about 1 1/2 packages graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar, flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between two bowls. In one bowl add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and fold in carefully with a spatula. (SEE NOTE)
- Pour the white batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles. Spoon the pumpkin batter on top of the regular cheesecake filling to create the orange layer.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Once the cheesecake is set, add some whipped cream to a piping bag equipped with a large star tip and swirl generous swirls of whipped cream along the outside of the cheesecake. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with pumpkin candy or crushed pecans.
- Serve and enjoy!