These Cookies and Cream Cookies are uniquely soft and filled with crunchy Oreo and white chocolate pieces to give the perfect texture! This recipe uses cream cheese and butter to makes these cookies super soft and incredibly delicious.
COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES: INGREDIENTS
These cookies only require a few ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen!
Some important things you’ll need:
- Butter and cream cheese: These will be the base of this cookie recipe and give them a creamy flavor.
- Granulated and Brown sugar: This will give the cookies some extra sweetness.
- White Chocolate Chips: These add to the “Creaminess” of the cookies and adds texture.
- Oreo Pieces: Keep the cookie pieces a bit larger so the cookies don’t turn the dough from turning dark.
Cookies are one of my all time favorite go-to’s for a quick dessert to curb my sweet tooth. Cookies are simple to throw together and you can even make them ahead of time to save for later! In about 30 minutes you will have a quick sweet treat to share with your family and friends!
TIPS FOR PERFECT COOKIES
- Measure your flour correctly. Scoop your flour into the measuring cup and level with a butter knife instead of dipping the cup into the bulk of flour. This will give you a more accurate measurement and keep you from using too much flour.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Especially butter and cream cheese.
- Chill the cookie dough: This will keep the cookies from spreading too much and give you a thick cookie.
Cookies should actually come out of the oven SLIGHTLY under cooked. They finish baking when you let them set and cool completely on the baking sheet.
If you take them off of the baking sheet immediately after you take them out of the oven they will be gooey in the center (and probably fall apart).
If you bake them too long and they are completely set when you take them out of the oven, they will end up over-baked.
The best thing about Oreos are ALL the different flavors they offer! You can use birthday cake, coffee, peanut butter, or whatever you like!
Also, add in different mix-ins like M&M’s, semi-sweet chocolate chips, sprinkles, or anything else your heart desires.
Can I prepare these ahead of time?
Yes! You can prepare the dough up to three days ahead of time and keep covered with plastic wrap in the fridge, OR if you want to bake the cookies they will last up to five days covered at room temperature!
Can I freeze these?
Also, yes! You can freeze them raw or baked. If you choose to freeze them raw, roll the dough into balls and place in a freezer safe container. If you want to freeze them baked, cover them tightly with plastic wrap and store in a freezer safe container.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
COOKIES AND CREAM COOKIES
- 11/2 cups butter room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cream cheese room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Oreo cookies chunks, I used double cream Oreos
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugars. Beat on low with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Gradually add eggs, vanilla, cream cheese. Mix on low until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk to combine and add to wet ingredients gradually.
- Add ½ or 1 cup at a time, beat on low until combined, and then continue with the next batch.
- Mix until ingredients are almost combined, a few lumps here and there is fine.
- Stir in Oreos and white chocolate chips. The batter will be on the softer side and sticky, freeze it for 30 or more minutes until you can form balls (not very frozen though). Chill between the batches too for less spreading and uniform cookies.
- Scoop 2 tablespoonfuls of dough, rolling it into about 2-inch balls.
- Arrange the cookie balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at least 3 inches apart. Don’t press down!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (the time varies due to different ovens). While cookies are hot, decorate them by adding more Oreos and chocolate chips on top.
- The cookies will have a soft center inside. Once they cool down, they will set well and the texture inside remains soft, and buttery.
- Let the cookies stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.