There is something so comforting and nostalgic about homemade apple butter! This Instant Pot Apple Butter is so easy and only takes about 35 minutes to prepare!
WHAT IS APPLE BUTTER?
Apple butter is basically a highly concentrated form of apple sauce. It is made by slowly cooking apples with cider or water until the sugars start to caramelize.
Apple butter is commonly used as a spread on toast or add to other desserts like this Instant Pot Apple Butter Cheesecake!
WHAT APPLES ARE BEST FOR INSTANT POT APPLE BUTTER?
Softer varieties of apples such as Fuji, Golden Delicious, and McIntosh are best for apple butter since they cook down faster.
I used a mix of Fuji and Honeycrisp apples for this recipe. I LOVE honey crisp apples. They are the perfect balance of sour and sweet.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT APPLE BUTTER
Once you have prepared the apples, add them into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add in vanilla, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and apple cider (or water) and mix together until the apples are coated.
Pressure cook the apples on high pressure for 15 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the apples.
Allow the apple butter to cool to room temperature and use immediately or store in an airtight container. Can this recipe or give as gifts for the holidays!
EQUIPMENT USED IN THIS RECIPE
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT APPLE BUTTER AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Instant Pot Apple Butter
- 5 lbs. Apples peeled, cored, and cut into 6-8 pieces
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup apple cider or water
- Prepare your apples by peeling, coring, and slicing into 6-8 pieces. Transfer the apples to the insert of your Instant Pot.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple cider into the pot and toss your apples until they are fulling coated.
- Turn the valve on the Instant Pot lid to sealing, and set on high manual pressure for 15 minute and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Release any remaining pressure after 10 minutes and remove the apple butter to a container to cool completely.
- Use immediately, Store in jars to can, or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.