This Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake is the ultimate birthday or celebration cheesecake! Creamy cheesecake loaded with colorful sprinkles, how can you resist??? Can you imagine having a birthday cake cheesecake?! I would go for that ANY day.Jump to Recipe
HOW TO GET A PERFECT PRESSURE COOKER CHEESECAKE
I get this question often. I have made SO many pressure cooker cheesecakes I can do it with my eyes closed at this point. But, making a cheesecake in the Instant Pot is a super easy way to get a delicious and appealing cheesecake that won’t crack or come out dry!
Baking in the Instant Pot is similar to using a water bath in the oven. The water in the Instant Pot creates a nice humid environment for the cheesecake, which decreases the risk of cracking. Also, allowing the cheesecake to cool off slowly (oven or Instant Pot) helps decrease splitting.
A good IP cheesecake starts with a good Instant Pot cheesecake pan. I have used many different types over the years and I keep going back to this Instant Pot brand springform time after time. It is the perfect height and length to get a perfect, thick cheesecake.
I prefer a 7-inch springform, because I find the 6-inch to be a little TOO thick, but if you only have a 6-inch pan, that is perfectly fine, just add a few more minutes cook time 🙂 Also, this trivet with silicone handles is a finger saver.. you can thank me later..
HOW TO MAKE A SMOOTH CHEESECAKE?
A smooth cheesecake starts with room temperature, high quality cream cheese. Splurge a little when it comes to cheesecake.. there IS a difference.
You then want to cream your cream cheese for NO LESS than three minutes.. You want to make sure your cream cheese is completely lump free and smooth BEFORE adding any other ingredient. This is where a stand mixer comes in handy..
HOW TO MAKE A FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE
STEP 1: Add the Nila Wafers into a food processor and pulse until you get about 1 1/2 cups of fine crumbs. Add in the butter and pulse until combined. Add the crumbs into the bottom of a prepared springform pan and press with a spoon or your hand to form the crust. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. You can also freeze the crust as well if you want to do 100% no oven.
STEP 2: Cream your room temperature cream cheese on high speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl often, for 3-5 minutes until COMPLETELY smooth and creamy.
STEP 3: With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the granulated sugar and slowly increase speed to high for about 1 minute.
STEP 4: Pour in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and mix on low until combined. Then slowly increase speed to high for 1-2 minutes. Whipping that heavy cream will make your cheesecake nice and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure all ingredients are combined and smooth before adding in the eggs.
STEP 5: Add in the eggs one at a time and allow to mostly combine before adding the each.
STEP 6: Fold in the sprinkles until evenly distributed through the batter, and pour the batter over the baked/frozen crust. Gently tap on the counter to release any air bubbles.
STEP 7: Cover the ENTIRE springform pan, top and bottom, with aluminum foil and seal around the top of the springform as well as you can. Some people add a paper towel between the top of the springform and the foil as an added step to keep extra moisture off the top of the cheesecake.
Step 8: Add 1 cup of water and a trivet into your pressure cooker and add the foil wrapped cheesecake on top of the trivet. Set your pot to high pressure for 50 minutes and allow to naturally release.
Step 9: Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and take off the aluminum foil. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator overnight.
TIPS AND FAQ’S
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature BEFORE you begin and cream it for at least 3 minutes. All the other ingredients I find doesn’t matter that much. I take them straight from the fridge.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl often. Make sure all of your ingredients are incorporated and smooth BEFORE you add the eggs.
- Make sure you refrigerate your cheesecake overnight to allow it to fully set. It WILL look undercooked when you take it out of the pot, it will set up and be perfect the next day.
DO YOU COVER THE TOP OR THE ENTIRE SPRINGFROM IN FOIL?
I cover the entire springform using one long piece of foil. Make sure you seal around the top of the springform as well as you can.
CAN I BAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN THE OVEN INSTEAD OF THE INSTANT POT??
Of course! Prepare the cheesecake recipe as written, then place in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 for 50-60 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake barely jiggles. Similar to Jell-O. Turn the oven off and slightly crack the oven door and allow the cheesecake to cool for 15-20 minutes slowly. Then remove and allow to cool to room temp, then refrigerate overnight.
CAN I USE A 6-INCH/DIFFERENT SIZE PAN?
You CAN use a 6-inch, however, I recommend you add about 5 minutes cook time for the Instant Pot version. If you use a larger pan like an 8 inch, reduce time, etc. If you are baking, follow the directions above and keep a close eye on the cheesecake around the 45/50 minute mark.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Also, if you have a free minute, leave a star rating below to let me know your feedback!
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES!
- INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT TWIX CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT OREO CHEESECAKE
- INSTANT POT KAHLUA CHEESECAKE
Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Nila Wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butte melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons confetti sprinkles or colorful sprinkles of your choice
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream
- blue food coloring
- 2-3 packs Dunkaroo cookies optional
- Confetti sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add Nila Wafer to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the cinnamon and melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack. TIP: You can also freeze the crust until ready to use.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Fold in the sprinkles last until evenly distributed through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet.
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 50 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and remove the aluminum foil. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Once the cheesecake is set, start the topping by adding the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Cream for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the heavy cream last and food coloring last. Mix on low until combined then increase speed to high for 3-4 minutes to get a nice whipped frosting.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag equipped with a large piping tip.
- Spread the frosting from the Dunkaroo packs on top of the cheesecake and smooth. You can also use any sort of funfetti frosting.
- Pipe a swirl of frosting around the border of the cake and top with additional sprinkles and Dunkaroo cookies if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.