This Instant Pot Kahlua Cheesecake is a creamy Kahlua cheesecake baked on an Oreo crust and a layer of homemade chocolate ganache and whipped cream on top. I love the pairing of flavors and it is definitely one of my favorites (I know I keep saying that but I really mean it).Jump to Recipe
“BAKING” A CHEESECAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
I know, I know, it sounds too good to be true, but I promise once you try making a cheesecake in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker (YES, you can make this recipe in an off brand pressure cooker as well). You will never go back to the traditional way (or at least be hesitant).
Making cheesecakes in the Instant Pot is so easy and takes less time than the traditional oven method. It also reduces the risk of your cheesecake cracking since you are essentially steaming it. The environment will be very humid which will help prevent cracking in your cheesecake.
Baking in an Instant Pot is really a fool proof way of getting the perfect cheesecake. I will also give you a few tips through this post to help insure that you have a perfect turn out on this Instant Pot Kahlua Cheesecake the FIRST time!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT KAHLUA CHEESECAKE
There is only ONE con that I have come across when baking a cheesecake in the Instant Pot and that is.. soggy crust. HOWEVER, I have cleverly found a solution for that as well!
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
2. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
3. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four 🙂
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
HOW TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT KAHLUA CHEESECAKE
Pulse the Oreo cookies in a food processor until you get a fine crumb, then add in the melted butter and pulse until combined. Pour into a 7″ springform pan (I use this one) and use your hand or the back of a spoon to pack into the bottom to form the crust. Bake at 350 degrees/F for 10 minutes then remove to cool.
First cream the cream cheese either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer for 5-6 minutes or until nice and smooth.
Mix in the sugar and flour until combined.
Add the Kahlua and heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined, then slowly increase to high for about 1 minute.
Mix in the eggs last, one at a time, and just until the yolks disappear into the batter.
Pour into the prepared crust and tap gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil.
Pour one cup of water into your pressure cooker and place the trivet inside. Place the cheescake on top of the trivet and set your cooker to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake from the pressure cooker CAREFULLY! I use a trivet with handles like this one to keep from burning myself when taking things out of the pot.
Allow to cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Refrigerate at least 6 hours but over night is preferred.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful. Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT KAHLUA CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Instant Pot Kahlua Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add Oreo’s to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 5-6 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add Kahlua and heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add chocolate and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second increments, mixing in between, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then pour over chilled cheesecake and smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, Kahlua, and powdered sugar into a bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add to a piping bag and pipe a generous ring around the outside of the cheesecake.
- Top with chocolate shavings and serve.
- Store any left over cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days.