This Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake is the perfect balance of creamy, sweet, and tangy. This cheesecake is guaranteed to become your new favorite summer dessert!
This Key Lime Cheesecake starts with a buttery graham cracker crust, topped with a creamy, tangy key lime cheesecake filling, and then topped with fresh whipped cream and sliced key limes. This cheesecake is so addicting you can't just have one slice!
WHAT ARE KEY LIMES?
The Key lime is a citrus hybrid native to tropical Southeast Asia. The Key lime is smaller, seedier, has higher acidity, stronger aroma, and thinner rind than the Persian lime- this is the lime you are used to seeing in your local grocery store.
The Key limes get their name from the Florida Keys, however they are grown all over Florida, California, and even Mexico. In most places you can only find these limes (if you're lucky) in the summer months.
CAN I USE REGULAR LIMES FOR THIS KEY LIME CHEESECAKE?
Yes. If you can only find regular or Persian limes, feel free to use those for this recipe. You can also use bottled lime juice, but I recommend using fresh juice if possible.
I also found bottled key lime juice by Nellie & Joe's if you want to skip the juicing part.
TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes BEFORE adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. Bake your crust in the oven before adding the filling for a more crisp crust.
3. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
4. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look undercooked. That is how it is supposed to look so don’t panic. Remove it from the Instant Pot and let it cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to set overnight. The next day you will have a perfect Instant Pot cheesecake.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large chef’s knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful.
Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four.
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES TO CHECK OUT!
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh key lime juice
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Whipped Cream
- Key lime slices
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 ½ cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 5-6 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla, lime juice and zest, and heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended
- Top with whipped cream, lime slices. And cherries and serve
Leave a Reply