This Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Kahlua Cheesecake has a dense brownie bottom layer, an espresso and Kahlua cheesecake layer, and topped off with chocolate ganache and whipped cream.
You guys LOST IT over my Instant Pot Kahlua Cheesecake, so I decided to kick it up a notch and create this brownie bottom version and it did not disappoint.
- BAKING WITH KAHLUA
- TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- EQUIPMENT USED
- IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT BROWNIE BOTTOM KAHLUA CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
- MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES TO CHECK OUT!
- Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Kahlua Cheesecake
BAKING WITH KAHLUA
I absolutely LOVE baking with Kahlua. It gives my desserts such a unique flavor. If you pair it with espresso powder, it is to DIE for!
Don't worry, the alcohol evaporates while baking, so you are just left with that delicious Kahlua flavor without the alcohol content. If you want to leave out the Kahlua, just replace it with equal parts heavy whipping cream and you will be good to go!
TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes BEFORE adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
3. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
4. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look undercooked. That is how it is supposed to look so don't panic. Remove it from the Instant Pot and let it cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to set overnight. The next day you will have a perfect Instant Pot cheesecake.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large chef's knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful. Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four.
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
I love using instant espresso powder in my recipes, especially chocolate recipes, because it gives the chocolate such an amazing flavor. I realize that it may not be readily available where you live, so you can substitute espresso powder for instant coffee granules or just omit altogether.
If you want to replace or omit the Kahlua in this recipe, you can switch out with another liquor such as Bailey's or completely omit by using an equal amount of heavy whipping cream.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT BROWNIE BOTTOM KAHLUA CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES TO CHECK OUT!
Instant Pot Bailey's Cheesecake
Instant Pot Reese's Cheesecake
Instant Pot Butterfinger Cheesecake
Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Instant Pot Brownie Bottom Kahlua Cheesecake
- 7-inch springform pan
- Instant Pot
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Kahlua liqueur
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua liqueur optional
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings optional
- Prepare a 7 inch springform pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray lightly with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined and there are no dry spots remaining.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and smooth. Bake for 15 minutes or until just slightly set on top. Remove and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 5-6 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add Kahlua, heavy cream, and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute. Add in the instant espresso powder and mix until the powder has completely dissolved.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add chocolate and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second increments, mixing in between, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then pour over chilled cheesecake and smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, Kahlua, and powdered sugar into a bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add to a piping bag and pipe a generous ring around the outside of the cheesecake.
- Top with chocolate shavings and serve.
- Store any left over cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I’m confused - the topping instructions say to “ Add chocolate and heavy cream” but the ingredient list doesn’t have any chocolate listed. What kind of chocolate and how much do I use?
The ingredients are listed in the ingredient list under "ganache". It calls for 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate and 1/4 cup heavy cream. You can use baking chocolate or chips, whatever is more convenient for you 😊
Hope that helps! Let me know how it turns out for you!
Followed recipe exactly, it came out perfect. It was a 2 day project. We are at high altitudes, I didn’t change a thing. Big hit. Kahlua was a bit strong flavor at first but alcohol is cooked out. It’s a keeper recipe.
Thank you so much for the comment! I am so glad you loved it! 🥰
This looks so good but I don't own an instant pot. Is the directions to bake conventionally?
Right now I do not have the directions to cook conventionally. If you try it let me know!
I would recommend baking the brownie bottom first, then adding on the cheesecake filling and bake.