This Easy Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix starts with fresh peaches, tossed in sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and topped with the easiest cobbler topping using only cake mix, cinnamon, and butter! This recipe comes together under 20 minutes using your Instant Pot!
FRESH PEACH COBBLER WITH CAKE MIX
This recipe is such a comfort food to me. I had this ALL the time growing up. This recipe was one of my grandmas favorites. So, obviously I had to create an Instant Pot version! I cannot live without my Instant Pot. It makes my life with 2 boys (and 1 grown boy) a lot easier!
I used a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo, but you should be able to use any size, just make sure that whatever bowl you use fits in the inner pot BEFORE you begin.
The ingredient list for this Peach Cobbler recipe is pretty short at only EIGHT ingredients used. Most of these you probably already have in your pantry.
Fresh Peaches- I love using Freestone peaches for baking, but you can really use whatever you have access to, including canned peaches.
White Cake Mix– You can also used the spiced cake mix as well, super yummy!
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED
Other than an Instant Pot, you will need a bowl that is small enough to fit into your inner pot.
I recommend using these Pyrex bowls. I have used them several times in the Instant Pot and they have worked well for me, but please use what you are comfortable with.
Another recommendation is an Instant Pot sling that you can use to remove the bowl and not burn yourself. I use this trivet that has the handles built in, but you can also create a sling out of aluminum foil. PLEASE be careful removing anything from the Instant Pot and use heat protection.
CAN I USE CANNED PEACHES OR PIE FILLING?
I recommend using fresh peaches, nothing beats a fresh peach, but if all you have on hand is canned peaches, feel free to use those. You may need to adjust the sugar and spices you add in.
WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO REMOVE A PEACH PIT?
Slice the peach lengthwise down the center and around to expose the pit. Take a small spoon or your thumb and pop the stone out. It shouldn’t be too difficult to remove the stone. If it is, your peaches may not be ripe.
A few variations I recommend are:
Adding in fresh berries like raspberries or strawberries.
Add in fresh sweet cherries
Add in your favorite nuts– I recommend pecans. You can add to the peach filling OR crumble up in the cobbler topping to add a little more “crunch” to the topping.
Spiced Cake Mix instead of yellow cake mix- Omit the cinnamon if you are using spiced cake mix.
Feel free to experiment and add in some of your families favorites!
No cobbler is complete without vanilla ice cream on top. I personally love using vanilla bean.
Drizzle over your favorites sauces, caramel would be a winner I think.
Sprinkle on some crushed pecans or walnuts
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES TO CHECK OUT!
IF YOU LOVED THIS PEACH COBBLER WITH CAKE MIX RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
- 6-7 peaches peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup white cake mix
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 3 Tablespoons butter divided
- Coarse sugar optional to sprinkle on top
- Prepare your peaches by pilling, removing the stones, and slice into thin slices. Place in a medium bowl and add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, and melted butter and toss to combine
- Transfer peaches to the bowl that will fit in the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, add the white cake mix (dry), cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons melted butter and mix to combined. You should get a sand like consistency.
- Crumble the topping over the peaches, covering the entire surface in an even layer.
- Take the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter and cut into thin slices and place along the top of the topping.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil. Place the trivet and 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the bowl on the trivet and place the lid on “sealing”.
- Set the pot on high manual pressure for 12 minutes with a 5 minute natural release. After 5 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
- Remove from the Instant Pot. In a small bowl, combine about ½ Tablespoon coarse sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle over the top of the cobbler while it is still warm and place under a broiler until golden brown. About 5 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on the cobbler, it will burn fast.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and your favorite toppings.