This Instant Pot Reese’s Cheesecake is the ultimate candy lovers dream! Creamy peanut butter cheesecake stuffed with chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and topped with chocolate ganache, peanut butter buttercream, and more Reese’s candy!Jump to Recipe
“BAKING” A CHEESECAKE IN AN INSTANT POT
I promise once you try making a cheesecake in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker (YES, you can make this recipe in an off brand pressure cooker as well). You will never go back to the traditional way (or at least be hesitant).
Making cheesecakes in the Instant Pot is so easy and takes less time than the traditional oven method. It also reduces the risk of your cheesecake cracking since you are essentially steaming it. The environment will be very humid which will help prevent cracking in your cheesecake.
Baking in an Instant Pot is really a fool proof way of getting the perfect cheesecake. I will also give you a few tips through this post to help insure that you have a perfect turn out on this Instant Pot Reese’s Cheesecake the FIRST time!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE A PERFECT INSTANT POT REESE’S CHEESECAKE
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning. This is an important step to make sure your cheesecake is a good consistency. Also, cream your cream cheese for 5-6 minutes before adding any ingredients to it. This keeps you from overmixing.
2.You want to make sure that you wrap the entire springform pan in aluminum foil. This will help keep the moisture out of the springform and away from the crust.
2. Bake your crust before you add in the filling. This will help get that crunch in your crust. If you prefer a softer crust, skip this part.
3. DO NOT OVER MIX THE EGGS. When you add in the eggs mix JUST until the yolk disappears into the batter and stop.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE IN A 6 INCH SPRINGFORM?
A: Yes, you can make this cheesecake in a 6 inch pan. Follow the directions as written, but add about 5 minutes on to the cook time.
If you need a springform pan, I HIGHLY recommend THIS ONE. It is the perfect size and works so well with the Instant Pot.
Q: WHAT SIZE INSTANT POT DO I NEED?
A: I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo– this one works perfect for me and my family of four
Q: MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS UNDERCOOKED! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
A: This is perfectly normal. When you remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot it will look a little undercooked. Let it set up overnight in the fridge and it will be perfect!
Do not cook any longer or you will over cook it, and it will be dry and crumbly when you cut into it the next day.
HOW TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT REESE’S CHEESECAKE
Pulse the Oreo cookies in a food processor until you get a fine crumb, then add in the melted butter and pulse until combined. Pour into a 7″ springform pan (I use this one) and use your hand or the back of a spoon to pack into the bottom to form the crust. Bake the crust at 350 degrees/F for 10 minutes then remove to cool.
First cream the cream cheese either using a hand mixer or a stand mixer for 5-6 minutes or until nice and smooth.
Mix in the sugar and flour until combined.
Add the heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined, then slowly increase to high for about 1 minute.
Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and just until the yolks disappear into the batter.
Fold in the Reese’s last with a spatula mixing as little as possible.
Pour into the prepared crust and tap gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil.
Pour one cup of water into your pressure cooker and place the trivet inside. Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your cooker to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake from the pressure cooker CAREFULLY! I use a trivet with handles like this one to keep from burning myself when taking things out of the pot.
Cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Refrigerate at least 6 hours but over night is preferred.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, take a large butcher knife, and run it under hot water for 2-3 minutes to warm it up. You can also use a kitchen torch but be careful. Remove any water from the knife and make your first cut into the cheesecake. Run the knife under water to clean, wipe off the excess water, and make your second cut.
IF YOU LOVED THIS INSTANT POT REESE’S CHEESECAKE AS MUCH AS I DO, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST SO THEY CAN MAKE IT TOO!
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
Instant Pot Reese’s Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Reese’s Candy roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add Oreo’s to a food processor until you get about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 5-6 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour and mix until just combined.
- Add heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Fold the Reese’s candy in last with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add chocolate and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second increments, mixing in between, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then pour over chilled cheesecake and smooth.
- Add the butter and peanut butter into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and cream for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and fully incorporate after each addition.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and whip on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high for 4-5 minutes until you get a nice “whipped” consistency.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe a ring of frosting around the top of the cheesecake. Top with more crushed Reese’s and serve.
- Store any left over cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days.