This Pumpkin Bread with Streusel is perfectly moist and packed full of fall flavor! Pumpkin Bread is a fall staple and this recipe will sure to become a family favorite!
Here are some of the key ingredients you will need to create the most perfect pumpkin bread!
Flour- This ingredient can be tricky. You want to make sure you measure the flour correctly or you will end up with a dense, bland pumpkin bread. Scoop the flour into a measuring cup and level with a butter knife OR if you want to be extra safe, use a kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients.
Pumpkin Puree- You can use canned or homemade here, just be sure to press out any extra liquid from your pumpkin.
Granulated and light brown sugar- I prefer the combination of the two sugars, however, you can substitute one for the other IF it is all you have on hand.
Along with these ingredients you will also need: pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS PUMPKIN BREAD WITH STREUSEL
Pumpkin bread is a staple fall favorite in our house! When those leaves start to change, I go a little crazy with the pumpkin baking.. You will love this bread for so many reasons!
- This bread is full of comfy fall, cinnamon, and pumpkin flavors!
- Super moist bread paired with a crunchy cinnamon and brown sugar topping!
- This pumpkin bread is also has the perfect amount of sweetness!
TIPS FOR PERFECT PUMPKIN BREAD
- Measuring your ingredients correctly. Like I mentioned above, it is important that you measure out your ingredients correctly or the recipe may not turn out as desired! Especially the flour!
- Press extra liquid out of the pumpkin puree. Also, make sure it is pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. I am a fan of Libby's pumpkin puree.
- Line your pan with parchment paper! This bread can be a little difficult to remove from the pan. I suggest adding some extra protection with some parchment paper.
Pumpkin recipes are so versatile and you can change them up in so many ways!
Some of my favorite variations are;
- Adding nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- Mix in chocolate chips for a perfect chocolate and pumpkin flavor.
- Add in caramel chips to the batter and caramel drizzle over top!
- You can also add a simple glaze. A maple glaze would pair amazing with this recipe as well!
Can I double this recipe??
Yes! Simply double the recipe to make two loaves! One now and one for later. Or both now.. nobody is judging here...
Can I use homemade pumpkin puree?
If you have some on hand, feel free to use homemade puree! I bet it would taste simply amazing! Just remember to press out any extra moisture from any puree you use.
Why did my bread turn out dry??
Most likely, there was too much flour added to the batter. Other reasons could be that the batter was overmixed after the dry ingredients were added.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Pumpkin Bread With Streusel
- 2 cups + ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 + ½ cup pumpkin puree such as Libby's or homemade
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temp
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoon Unsalted butter very cold, cut into smaller cubes, almost frozen
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoon ground cinnamon more you add the darker the streusel topping will bake.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat the eggs with a mixer on low, add butter, sugars, vanilla. Mix again until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Mix on low. Add pumpkin puree. I like to keep the puree wrapped in a linen or some sort of cloth and squeeze out the excess moisture, even with canned pumpkin puree. It really helps with the bread texture.
- In a large bowl combine streusel topping ingredients until you get crumbs. The easiest is to use your hands for this!
- Pour half of the batter into a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin (greased or lined with parchment paper). Add half of the streusel topping and carefully add another layer of batter. Top with streusel topping.
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, dry or with a few breadcrumbs. Let the bread rest in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut in slices and serve right away.