These Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are super fluffy, incredibly soft, and only require 6 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.Jump to Recipe
I’m not going to lie, I am not a cookie person. I normally don’t make them a lot because I can never get that PERFECT consistency. My husband loves them crispy, I like them soft and chewy, and my kids will eat anything with sugar in it.
But, these Red Velvet Cookies were the easiest cookies I have ever made. They are so soft and so quick and easy to whip up.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies?
These cookies only require six ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Red Velvet Cake Mix: Any brand should work just fine, but I find that the name brands like Pillsbury or Duncan Hines have the best flavor.
Baking Powder: While the cake mix already has a rising agent in it, I decided to play around and add a touch more to see what would happen. The results were a super fluffy and soft cookie. So if you want your cookies less fluffy, leave this ingredient out.
Powdered Sugar: To roll your cookies in for that beautiful crinkled look.
How To Make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
This recipe is super simple. You just combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until everything is combined and smooth. LOOK AT THAT COLOR!!
Refrigerate for about 20 minutes then scoop out about 3 Tablespoon balls of dough and roll in powdered sugar.
Place on a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment and bake for about 12 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Variations Of This Recipe
Try different cake mix options! You can use any cake flavor mix with this recipe.
Different add ins. White or dark chocolate chips or even your favorite candy bar chopped up.
Make Ahead and Storage
If you would like to make these cookies ahead of time, Mix up the dough and scoop out into individual balls and freeze. This also makes it easy for your to take out just a few at a time to bake. If you choose this route, add a few minutes on to the baking time 🙂
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature and consume within 4-5 days.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz. box red velvet cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar for coating
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and baking powder. Use an electric hand mixer to mix ingredients until well combined and smooth.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Take about 3 Tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in the powdered sugar and knock off any access sugar. Place about 2-3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Continue with all the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned and set on the sides. Don't over bake, the middle will still look a little underdone when you remove from the oven.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.