This Instant Pot New York Cheesecake is the most fluffy, smooth, delectable cheesecake EVER! Fluffy, tangy cheesecake filling baked on a graham cracker crust.
Why has it taken me so long to post this recipe? I'm not sure.. since this is literally the base that I create most of my pressure cooker cheesecakes!
I tested and tested this recipe for a long time. I was determined to come up with the PERFECT cheesecake recipe, and I found it. I believe the secret is in the cream... whipping cream I mean. There is nothing I hate more than a dry, crumbly cheesecake. I promise you won't find any of that here.
WHAT BRAND OF CREAM CHEESE IS BEST FOR CHEESECAKE?
I 100% recommend Philadelphia cream cheese. It gives cheesecakes the best texture and is the easiest to cream. I have used the cheaper brands and they work fine, however I find they are a bit more salty and they tend to have lumps remaining even after 4-5 minutes of creaming. Ultimately, use whatever you have on hand, but if I had to choose, Philadelphia.
HOW TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT NEW YORK CHEESECAKE
Step 1: The most important step. Creaming the cream cheese. You want to start with room temperature cream cheese and cream it in the stand mixer on high speed for 4-5 minutes (yes seriously) to make sure it is smooth and there are no lumps.
Step 2: Mix in the granulated sugar, flour, and lemon zest. Mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Step 3: Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until combined and then slowly increase speed to high for 1-2 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure all of the ingredients are combined and smooth.
Step 4: Add the eggs in one at a time and mix until JUST combined. Be careful not to over mix the eggs.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the prepared crust and smooth.
Step 6: Cover the springform pan completely in aluminum foil and seal around the rim of the pan.
Step 7: Place your trivet and 1 cup water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and place the cheesecake on top. Seal the lid and set to high pressure for 50 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
Step 8: After 10 minutes natural release, open the lid and remove the cheesecake and place on a wire rack. Remove the aluminum foil and allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature. Once cool, place in the refridgerator for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended to allow to fully set.
Step 9: Top with your favorite toppings and serve!
- If you don't have heavy whipping cream, or just simply don't want to use it for whatever reason, you can replace with full fat sour cream.
- You can replace the flour in the recipe with cornstarch. I would recommend using about 1-1 ½ tablespoons of cornstarch.
They sky is the limit when it comes to this Instant Pot New York Cheesecake. You can add different mix-ins, toppings, extract flavors, or even change up the flavor of the crust! A few I recommend are:
- Different toppings: fruit toppings, caramel or chocolate syrup, your favorite candy, or ganache.
- Experiment with mix-ins: This is one of my favorite parts! You can add in your favorite candy bar, mini chocolate chips (one of my favs!), fruit compotes or jellies, or sprinkles!
- Change up the crust: You can use Oreo cookies, even the seasonal flavors! Nilla wafers are also a family favorite of ours.
MY CHEESECAKE DOESN’T LOOK COOKED WHEN I TAKE IT OUT OF THE INSTANT POT
That is okay! The cheesecake will look a little undercooked when you first remove it from the pot. As it cools it will begin to thicken and set. If you think that it is too undercooked, I would recommend adding it back into the Instant Pot for about five minutes, but not much longer than that.
DO I COVER THE ENTIRE SPRINGFORM IN ALUMINUM FOIL?
Yes. I like to use one large piece of foil that overlaps to keep any moisture out. I have had readers tell me that they also use a paper towel under the foil and it seems to work well for them.
DO I REMOVE THE ALUMINUM FOIL RIGHT AFTER REMOVING THE CHEESECAKE FROM THE INSTANT POT?
Yes, remove the foil as soon as it is cool enough for you to touch it. Also, leave it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight as well.
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CRUNCH CHEESECAKE
INSTANT POT REESE'S CHEESECAKE
If you love this INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE NEW YORK CHEESECAKE as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can make it too!
Instant Pot New York Cheesecake
- Pressure Cooker
- 7-inch springfrom pan
- Pressure cooker trivet
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees/F.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor until you get about 1 ¼ cups of crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of a greased 7″ springform pan and use your hand or the back of a spoon to press and form a crust bringing the crumbs up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar, flour, and lemon zest. Mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 50 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the aluminum foil and allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add your favorite toppings, serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply