This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake has a creamy cheesecake filling packed with mini chocolate chips and baked on a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough! As if that wasn’t enough, I topped it off with a chocolate ganache, whipped cream, and of course mini chocolate chip cookies!Jump to Recipe
BAKING TIPS FOR INSTANT POT CHEESECAKES
Cheesecakes are SUPER easy to make in the Instant Pot. Once you make your first one, you will never want to go back to the traditional method. However, there are a few things I have learned about using the Instant Pot method and I KNOW a lot of people always have questions about.
1. Do not over mix your batter. If you over mix (particularly the eggs) the texture and consistency will not be right after baking.
So, mix as little as possible while still making sure everything is combined well.
2. For this particular cheesecake, I recommend baking the cookie dough crust before adding in the filing.
This will give it a more crunchy crust. However, you cam skip this step and the cheesecake will have a more doughy type crust (which is still delicious).
3. WHEN THE CHEESECAKE IS FINISHED IN THE INSTANT POT, IT WILL LOOK UNDERCOOKED. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT ADD IT BACK IN OR ONCE IT IS SET IT WILL BE DRY AND OVERCOOKED!
SERVINGS TIPS FOR INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
It is best to make this cheesecake the day BEFORE you want to serve it. Cheesecakes need to set overnight in the fridge before serving to make sure they are completely set.
I always make the ganache and whipped cream right before serving. Once the cheesecake is nice and cold it will harden the ganache faster.
PRO TIP: To get the perfect slice, use a butcher knife and run under very hot water for 1-2 minutes per side to get the knife hot. Wipe off any access water and make your first slice. Run the knife under water again and repeat.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
For the crust:
Premade chocolate chip cookie dough– you will need about 8 oz. of dough
For the filling:
Cream Cheese– Softened to room temperature. If you do not soften your cream cheese you WILL have a lumpy cheesecake, and nobody likes that. Also, use a high quality cream cheese like Philadelphia, it is worth it.
Flour– Used to thicken the cheesecake
Vanilla Extract– Pure if you have it, if not, imitation is fine as well.
Mini Chocolate Chips
Whipped cream and mini chocolate chip cookies for topping
HOW TO MAKE AN INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, then preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a 7″ springform pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray. You can also add a round of parchment on the bottom if you want added protection
take the cookie dough and spread across the bottom of the pan to form the curst. Be sure to bring the dough up the sides about 1 inch.
Bake the crust for about 10 minutes then remove and let cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese and beat on high speed for 4-5 minutes until soft, fluffy, and there are no lumps.
Slowly add in the sugar and flour and mix for an additional minute.
Next, add in vanilla and heavy cream. Start mixing on low speed and slowly increase to high for about 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for about 30 seconds to combine and remaining ingredients.
Add eggs in last, one at a time, and mix until just combined.
Last, fold in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula.
Pour the batter over the cookie dough crust and tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil and place on a trivet in the Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
Seal the Instant Pot and bake on high pressure for 40 minutes and allow a natural release for 10 minutes.
Remove from the Instant Pot and allow to cool to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator and allow to set over night.
I love pairing this cheesecake with a semi-sweet chocolate ganache, whipped cream, and mini chocolate chip cookies. But you could also add peanuts, sprinkles, cherries, or really whatever else you are feeling that day!
To make the ganache, simply place the chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then pour over your set cheesecake.
Pipe with whipped cream and your favorite toppings and serve!
1. CAN I USE A 6-INCH SPRINGFORM PAN?
A: Yes! You can absolutely use a 6 inch, just know that the cheesecake will be a little thicker. I would also add on about 5 minutes cook time.
2. MY CHEESECAKE LOOKS VERY UNDERCOOKED WHEN I REMOVE IT FROM THE INSTANT POT? IS IT DONE???
A: Yes! The cheesecake WILL look undercooked when you remove it from the Instant Pot, but trust me, just let it cool and place it in the refrigerator and it will be fine!
3. HOW LONG DOES MY CHEESECAKE HAVE TO SET BEFORE I CAN SERVE IT?
A: I recommend letting your cheesecake set overnight to fully set. However, if you are in a pinch, I would at LEAST let your cheesecake chill in the fridge for 6 hours.
Want More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes?
If you love this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake as much as I do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can make it too!
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 8 Oz Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Ganache and Toppings:
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- Mini Chocolate Chip cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and prepare a 7 inch springform by spraying generously with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the cookie dough into the bottom of the springform and press with the back of your hand or a spoon to form the crust. Bring the dough up the sides about 1".
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth and there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and flour, and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly increase the speed to high for about 1 minute,
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure there are no lumps. Give one final mix before adding the eggs.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until the yolk disappears into the batter.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chipsPour the filling into the prepared crust and gently tap the bottom of the pan on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add one cup of water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot and add in the trivet,
- Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and set your pot to high pressure for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours but overnight is recommended.
- Add the chocolate and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 20 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Let the ganache cool for about 5 minutes then pour over the cold cheesecake. Top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chip cookies and serve.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.